To fit a stove into a fireplace you essentially need three things: 1. Stove, 2. Liner, 3. Fitting Pack. The Fitting Pack is "everything you need* besides the liner and stove - all in one pack and includes:
- Black vitreous pipe that leaves the stove
- Adaptor that goes between vitreous pipe and liner
- Sealing plate that seals around black pipe as it enters chimney
- Cowl (attaches to liner at top of chimney pot)
- Self tappers etc. in a "useful items" pack
- Data information plate for building regs
- Fire cement for sealing a) pipe into stove b) adaptor to black pipe c) adaptor to liner
- Nose cone for dragging liner through chimney
- Fireproof webbing (can be used instead of fire cement)
The Fitting Packs below might not be understandable unless you first check out the BEGINNER'S GUIDE
that can be found within the menu at the top of the page.
"Useful items" is a small bag of screws etc. and ARE SENT VIA POST AND WILL ARRIVE VIA YOUR LETTER BOX SEPARATE FROM ALL OTHER GOODS. These are detailed here.
*The only major item not included is the closure plate (the big plate that seals off the chimney) as we suggest you make your own from 6mm or 12mm thick Hardiebacker board (1.2m x 0.8M and available Jewson's, B&Q and all good builder's merchants).
If you are comparing prices of fitting packs online please be aware that I (Julian) have personally selected all of the items in these packs and have chosen each item for longevity and quality. DO IT ONCE DO IT GOOD. Our Vitreous pipe is matt black and of a decent thickness (unlike the wafer thin "eco friendly pipe" sold by some).
Review by confirmed purchaser Matt (Trustpilot): "The quality of the parts is superb, especially the duraflue and the stainless steel cowl. In fact my chimney sweep thought the cowl alone would be £200. Prior to ordering I got a few local quotes and I know I have saved in excess of £1,000."
Review by confirmed purchaser William Whitelaw (Trustpilot): "The Duraflue is much better than a previous sample of cheaper flue. (The cheap stuff could not be cut without unravelling in a razor sharp spiral and collapsed easily)."