Most online sites have far too many stoves to choose from. They list every stove they can get their hands on. There are too many!
Surely they cannot all be the best? There must be plenty of mediocre performers amongst the hordes?
So let us narrow it down for you. What is the small pool that we at Stovefitter's would choose from?
- Ekol Crystal 5 £549 (lovely cast iron model, eco air wash). Tell me more
- Woodford Lowry £495 (petite, well-priced) . Tell me more
- Hamlet 5 SC £595 (one of my favourites... Julian). Tell me more
- Firewire £599 (at this price hard to beat). Tell me more
- Saltfire Peanut £699 (best selling stover winter 2019/20). Tell me more
- Saltfire Bignut £798 (the biggest 5kW Peanut). Tell me more
- Flavel Arundel XL £799 (multi fuel) and Arundel's bigger brother. Tell me more
- Ekol Applepie £799 (so cute). Tell me more
- Charnwood C4 £1002 (made in the UK, on the Isle of Wight). Tell me more
- DG Ivar 5 £1255 (the best stove ever made... probably). Tell me more
Further information on all of these Defra approved wood burning stoves further down this page.
We test a different stove every month during winter and give them all a good hard beating.
The stove I own is the DG Ivar 5, the best logburner on the market today as far as I am concerned.